Monday, April 13, 2009

(0) Comments

Most Anticipated Movies of 2009

Abe Arceo

We're past the first quarter of the year, and the best, and most highly anticipated movies of 2009 (in my opinion) have yet to be released Here we go, my list of the "Most anticipated movies of 2009"

-X-Men Origins: Wolverine (May 2009)
Even though I wasn't a huge Wolverine fan growing up, he's one of the most popular X-Men characters of all time - so this movie spin-off is no surprise. Every X-Men and Wolverine fan is looking forward to this, and on top of that, there's going to be a nice list of mutant cameo appearance. Gambit anyone?

- Star Trek (May 2009)
I've never been a "Trekkie", and I probably have never sat through a whole episode of any of the Star Trek series. Heck, I could probably only name 2 characters - the captain and the guy with pointy elf like ears. But the blend of sci-fi and action has the geek side of me (which is all sides of me) totally stoked. I'm even starting to like those little communication buttons they wear on their shirts, for the longest time I thought it was just a fashion trend of the future.

-Terminator Salvation (May 2009)
This should be on everyone's list. Why? 1. It has Christian Bale. Nuff said. You need more reasons? 2. It's from the Terminator franchise. That means guns and robots, and probably a lot of both. I haven't seen any of the TV series, but with the movie release right around the corner I may venture off into that series to prepare myself for full-on awesomeness

-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (June 2009)
What's not to love about this. More giant robots, more action, more explosions, more Optimus Prime...the list goes on and on. This is just going to be one of those fun summer movies to watch. Oh, and did I mention there is going to be giant robots?

-Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (Summer 2009)
Even though I've never read a single Harry Potter book, I do enjoy the movies. Some people say that they liked the earlier movies better than the more recent releases, but I actually liked the more recent ones due to the fact that the stories were darker and more mature. More than likely I'll still enjoy this latest entry to the series, even though I lost count on how many Harry Potter movies we're up to now.

-Avatar (Summer 2009)

James Cameron, Sci-Fi, undiscovered planet, new life forms, and most likely a lot of action. Sounds like a winning combination to me!

-Sherlock Holmes (December 2009)
Didn't realize that this was getting released this year, but after seeing Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man, I have great hopes and expectations for this movie. I loved reading all the stories about Sherlock Holmes growing up, and can't wait to see this on the big screen

And last but not least..

-G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra (August 2009)
It really doesn't matter if this movie is going to be any good or not, because it's about G.I. Joes. And I'm goin to see it and so are you. You know you still have all of your old action figures, including the dozen or so different Snake-Eyes variants.


0 Responses to "Most Anticipated Movies of 2009"