Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(0) Comments

Dawn of War II (PC) Price Drop and Demo Release

Abe Arceo

, ,

Now available on Steam is the Dawn of War II (PC) Single Player Demo. And for those of you who haven't purchased the game yet, Steam has lowered the price down to $37.49, but only until April 20th.

I'd suggest this game for any RTS fan, and of course, any Warhammer 40K fan. I'll try to throw up a mini review sometime, but as of recently, this has been my game of choice. It's an RTS, but doesn't focus on base building. Aside from your primary HQ, there are no other building structures you have to worry about. Dawn of War II really focuses on units and micro managing them.

The races that are currently playable in Dawn of War II are the Space Marines (of course...), Eldar, Orks, and Tyranids. When I started playing this game upon its release, I focused solely on the single player campaign and 1v1 ranked matches. But recently, 98% of my games are 3v3 custom and ranked matches. I really enjoy putting together a good team and working out strategies through good communication. There have been countless times where our team would come back from a 100 point deficit, all because of good team work and communication. But I don't want to get into that stuff right now, I'll save that for the review or even a Dawn of War II tips article.

In the meantime, if you haven't played this game, definitely download the demo. And if you're an RTS fan or Warhammer 40k in the slightest, this purchase is a no brainer.

0 Responses to "Dawn of War II (PC) Price Drop and Demo Release"